Green River Reservoir State Park

Additional Information to Assist You

Vermont Biking Information
Vermont Outdoor Guide Association


Vermont Recreation Directory  HERE    |    Education Network

General License (Permit) Information       Green River Reservoir 


Reservations Call - 802-888-1349 Monday-Wednesday & Friday between 8AM and 10AM

The operating season for Green River Reservoir State Park is mid-May through mid-October.

Off-season reservations for individual campsites will begin the first day of business after January 1 until mid-May in the FPR Barre Office by calling 1-800-658-6934. Off-season reservations for group camping and group permits will begin March 1 by calling 1-800-658-6934. Operating season reservations for individuals and groups will begin mid-May, and will be taken by telephone (802-888-1349) or walk-in at the Park Office in Morrisville during posted hours. They will also be taken on-site at the Park; hours will depend on Park activity.

At the time of the reservation, the reserving person will need to give the exact number of people per campsite. An appropriate sized campsite will be assigned to the reserving party based on the size of the party given at reservations, unless a specific campsite is requested at the time of reservation regardless of the occupancy of that campsite.

Reservation requests shall be confirmed only when accompanied by payment of full camping and reservation fees and group permit fees. Payment must be received within two weeks of making the reservation if there is sufficient time to do so. For reservations made within two weeks of arrival, payment may be made any time prior to arrival.

Check out time is 11:00 a.m. at which time the site must be vacated. Check in time is 2:00 p.m. If the site is reserved for the succeeding night and the party has not re-registered by check out time or declared their intent to re-register, the park ranger, at his/her discretion and in the presence of two witnesses, not employees of the State Parks Division, may inventory and remove gear from the site.


Commercial Activities/Use of Park

Anyone engaging in a commercial activity (whether a group or not) must obtain a Commercial Use License from the Parks Regional Manager. All associated fees, certificates of liability insurance, and endorsed license documents must be submitted prior to the beginning of operations. Commercial business groups are distinguished from non-profit by the qualification of non-profit groups to possess a 501 C-3 IRS tax exemption.

Commercial business groups will need to obtain a Commercial Use License prior to making Group Permit reservations.

Commercial activities that are not groups will only need to obtain a Commercial Use License. Commercial activities that are groups will need to obtain a Commercial Use License plus the appropriate group permit(s) for the park. No commercial group activities will be allowed on the weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday).


Vermont Outdoor Guide Association
P.O. Box 10
North Ferrisburg, VT. 05473
1 800-425-8747  (802) 425-6211